Sunday, July 20, 2008

GOAL: pain free...

I went into the hospital Thursday the 17th to have my stones dealt with. Dr. Brusky removed and/or blasted 7 stones! More than we had thought. That night I was in a lot of pain so stayed at the hospital over night. I managed to go home feeling fine that Friday.

Saturday came along and I had to start taking my pain pills in the morning. By the time Nate came home I was taking my maximum dose every 4 hours and was still curled up on the couch. Crying! You all know that never happens. Nate brought me right back up to the hospital... am still in a room with today's goal: pain free!




It turns out that my kidney as well as the ureter tube are so swollen that there is a blockage occurring. Very painful. Today we have stayed on top of IV medications and am doing better, but am also very loopy! Tonight I am having a stint placed on that side to relieve the pressure and the pain. Then in a few days can have that removed as well.

Will keep updating on my medical circus!

1 comment:

Titel Family said...

Wow, you never catch a break from the pain, huh? I hope this helps you. Let us know if you need some food or something to help.

About Me