Sunday, October 3, 2010

HALLOWEEN is here!!

The Halloween season is upon us again. I LOVE this time of year. A couple weeks ago I sat down with the kids to start discussing what the plan was for this year. Of course they had LOTS of ideas (Ressa must have the next 4 years planned out in advance). I think we finally settled on this year's items.

Cyanne: Alice- zombie hunter from the "Resident Evil" movies
Foster: A skeleton zombie- for Cyanne to hunt of course
Ressa: A beautiful bride- that has or has not been bit by a vampire. That is yet to be determined.
Ammon: undecided- either a storm trooper or Woody from "Toy Story". This changes every day.

Cyanne is wanting the costume Alice wears in the second movie. I think it should be fairly simple so I am leaving it for second.






Foster would like to purchase a skeleton costume and then add zombie make up to his head to be a skeleton with a zombie head on. This is his own creation.

Ressa and I went online looking at wedding gowns. She looked and looked, but finally settled on a couple to combine elements of. They, of course, were designer gowns. The bodice of a very expensive Vera Wang (except with "skinny straps"), and the skirt of a moderately priced Oleg Cassini. Something tells me her real wedding will be quite a challenge.

The Vera Wang bodice:



The Oleg Cassini Skirt:






Ammon with either wear an old costume of Foster's (storm trooper) or I will pick up some felt and make him a Woody costume. I have yet to decide as I'm not sure how long the wedding gown will take. He doesn't seem to mind either way.

I hope you all are just as excited for Halloween as we are! I will post pictures of the finished products when I can.

No comments:

About Me