Wednesday, May 28, 2008

on the couch now...

On Thursday the 22nd I finally had my hysterectomy done. I ran around crazy the week before trying to get things set up for my recovery. The day of surgery I woke up cramping a always and made my way to the hospital. Stella was brave enough to babysit the two little ones for us and our great neighbor's helped get the older ones to school. We sat in pre-op forever, but finally the anesthesiologist gave me the rlaxing drugs and they started wheeling me to theoperating room. Last ting I remember was seeing multiple exit signs where there was only one. Next thing I knew I was in post op. I had no idea I had been in surgery for nearly 5 hours!

During my surgery Dr.Lim discovered my uterus had fused with my bladder. Result of 2 c-sections. As he was trying to separte them he pierced my bladder leaving 1/2 inch inscision. He called in Dr. Brusky, a bladder specialist, to fix the damage. While there he noticed I have a 12 mm kidney stone on my left side. He thinks there are more smaller stones that he couldn't see as well. He placed a stint in that area, sewed shut my bladder and says I have to keep my catheter until June 4th. On the 4th we will deal with all my stone issues.

I came home on the 23rd. Nate has been great about having to do everything. Ammon caught a cold so he has been high maitenance. Such is life though. There have been a few visitors, church people have been bringing great food, and I feel better already than I have in roughly a year! I have to stay on the couch for another week, but after that can start being semi-helpful. Won't be back to normal for another 6-8 weeks after that though.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Hey Tara- It's Katie, I just found your blog... What a not-so-fun experience, but I am sure it will all be worth it once you are all healed up. I know that it must be hard to have to stay down, let me know if you need me for anything. 429-1370 seriously, just call if you need anything at all, I'm usually home :)

Kevin and Melissa said...

I hope you are doing better!! Get all the rest you can.

About Me